Monday, July 20, 2015

Kayak Fishing on the Fraser River

What a day on the Fraser River yesterday with Kokatat Western Canadian Regional and Nikki Rekman Sales Team Paddler, Laura Demers and her fishing-partner, Sandra Ramsey. Laura and Sandra work for Kokatat and Werner Paddles dealer, Western Canoeing and Kayaking in Abbotsford, BC and these women know how to fish and they are passionate about it. 

Sandra

Laura
Who better for me to head out on the water with to make a serious go, at claiming the Werner Paddles Sales Rep Fishing Contest title (stay tuned, I won't know till our sales meeting on the weekend :).

It was a hot, hot Fraser Valley day but the fish did not disappoint me. I learned so much from Laura and Sandra and they were extremely patient as it took me a little bit to get comfortable with the gear. Those lead weights are heavy!

Werner Paddles HOOKED Camano and Cyprus

Laura and Sandra are in the process of teaming up with Fred's Custom Tackle in Chilliwack and Abbotsford to do some guided sturgeon kayak fishing trips on the Fraser River so you can have this amazing experience too. Stay tuned to my blog for more info about their new venture as it becomes available.

Not gonna lie, he was a little unruly!!! LOL. #where'sNikki

What a thrill - 4' and about 50 lbs.
Thank you again, to Laura and Sandra for giving me one of my best days on the water all year! Thanks to, Kevin Henderson for the use of the Wilderness Systems Ride 115 and the rod/reel. A day I won't soon forget!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Green River, UT

Green River, UT
Photo: Shawna Franklin