One of the things that I spend a fair bit of time on in a Kokatat clinic is drysuits - why make the investment and how to protect that investment.
The top 4 reasons for investing in a KOKATAT drysuit:
1. Safety - drysuits keep you protected from the elements
2. Comfort - drysuits keep you warm and dry. Think about ending your day out on the water with DRY feet!!
3. Increases Your Skill Set - drysuits remind you very quickly that getting IN the water is not something to avoid. You will learn to roll, do a beautiful lean turn, or a sculling brace when you are no longer trying to avoid falling into the drink.
4. Lengthens Your Paddling Season - drysuits allow you to paddle 12 months a year, during all seasons and in all weather conditions.
You also want to protect the investment made in a drysuit. A few important things to keep in and mind and you will do just that.
a. keep your latex neck and wrist gaskets in good condition by purchasing Protectant 303 or some other brand of spray to keep them supple. Gaskets are sensitive to UV, oils on the skin and in things like sunscreen. Using Protectant 303 keeps the gaskets from breaking down prematurely.
b. keep your relief zipper lubricated with zipper lube or bees wax so it ALWAYS opens easily and quickly when you need it most. I also keep an old toothbrush on hand to brush out any grit or sand before lubricating the zipper. If you have a synthetic zipper like in the Kokatat Lightweight Goretex Paddling Suit you can use the same zipper lube or bees wax.
I personally prefer and use the bees wax, it's easy to find, lasts long, it's natural and it smell best.
c. keep your Goretex or Tropos socks in the best shape possible by always wearing enclosed footwear. While it's tempting to slip on a pair of crocs, waldies or crocs bits of gravel can wear between the bottom of your foot and the sock creating pin holes. Check out the Kokatat footwear at www.kokatat.com we have a style for everyone!
If you have never had the opportunity to try a drysuit before contact your local dealer to see if they have any demos you can try or contact me to find out where we will be next with our demo suits.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad