What’s new with Jackson Kayaking outfitting in 2012?
MiniTripper/DayTripper 10 Elite/DayTripper 12 Elite/Riviera/Regal – no changes
DayTripper 10 & 12 Orion (Hunting/Fishing) - more colour selection, bungee around cockpit so hunters can hang camouflage on their boat, new black graphics, and long load flag
Ibis – new water bottle holder and a stiffer cockpit, black hi-lo seat is the same as 2011
Journey 13.5/14 – standard with sweet cheeks
Coosa Elite – stand assist leash, silver/grey seat with rear pocket and underside pocket, long load flag, security bar where you attach the seat is no longer webbing but metal so it’s more secure and durable. More colour selection – forest camo, urban camo, lowland camo, black widow (red/black), yellow jacket (yellow, white, black), solid slate, olive and sand, new silver JK logo
JK Pro Angler, Drew Gregory walks you through the 2012 Coosa Elite
Cuda – stand assist leash, silver/grey seat with rear pocket and underside pocket, long load flag, security bar where you attach the seat is no longer webbing but metal so it’s more secure and durable.
Cuda w/rudder – same as above but with the smart track rudder system
- ALL whitewater models have the new black/grey material, new back band (with the exception of the Rogues, new thigh pads, water bottle, new grab handles (these are stainless steel with plastic molded over). New handles are safer, still durable and still secure.
- ALL whitewater models are using the new Super Linear Polyethylene material, incremental improvement over the linear material from 2011. Stiffer, stronger, better wearing.
- Hero/Super Hero/Dynamic Duo/Villian Series, Fun Runner Series, Zen Series, Star Series, Fun Series and kids boats, new black/grey material, foam seat pad, new back band (wider), thigh pads, water bottle and new grab handles.
- Rogue Series – standard with sweet cheeks, water bottle, new grab handles, drybag/floatation in bow.
- SWEET CHEEKS (silver colour)
o Rockstars – size 150
o Journeys – size 100
o Rogues – size 100
o Only 100 and 200 size are sold as an accessory
EJ gives a great, quick run through of setting up the Sweet Cheeks. Another recommendation I have is remove from the boat and shake the beads to the front allowing you to place it back in the boat so the beads are not collected at the back of the seat.
- NEW plastic floor track
o Plastic Floor track vs. Composite Beam
§ Plastic floor track gets its stiffness from the shape that it is molded into and that fact that it is welded to the hull.
§ Plastic floor track works better for overall seat adjustment, security and wear
§ No increase in weight
§ 5 positions the seat can adjust to
- Uni-shock bulkhead is standard in the following models (everything but playboats and Rogues):
o Fun Runners
o Dynamic Duo
Watch this video to get a fantastic visual of what the uni-shock bulkhead system is and how it operates. A HUGE selling feature of our boats. Know how it works!!!
- Foam bulkhead is standard in the following models:
o Daytrippers and Orions
Smart Track Rudders