Friday, January 18, 2013

Introducing the Women of the Nikki Rekman Sales Team

It is with great excitement that we introduce you to the talented women of the 2013 Nikki Rekman Sales Team.  Watch for both of these women at a SUP race near you!!  
 
Or in Laura's case, a kayak fishing event, a whitewater canoeing or kayaking event!

  • Lina Augaitis - (SUP)
DSCN0470I first found SUP in California in 2009 when some old friends had just bought their first SUPs and let me try it out. My first SUP race was in Spring 2010 and my first real win was the the inaugural 2010 Kalamalka Classic in Vernon BC. Following this race and a couple of small races I wanted more. I went to my first BOP race in 2010 and got hammered by the waves but excited by the flurry and growth of the sport. I started teaching some intro to SUP courses and SUP-fitness classes with Deep Cove Canoe and Kayaks.

I love to race, teach, and complete expeditions on the SUP. In 2011, I was the first to SUP 715km of the Yukon River from Whitehorse to Dawson, then in 2012 I was part of a group of people that were the first to SUP the 32km channel from Koh Lanta to Koh Phi Phi in Thailand, and in the summer of 2012 I was the first to SUP a popular 6-day canoe route in Algonquin Park.

August 2011, I moved to China for a year. A year away from SUP made me realize how much I missed it. Upon my return to Vancouver, August 2012 I have immersed myself in the world of SUP and haven’t looked back.

I look forward to what 2013 has to bring. I am excited to race, teach, explore, inspire, and discover as much as I can while standing up!

Live, love, laugh,…DREAM!  Follow Lina’s blog here.

  • Laura Lee Demers - (Whitewater – Kayaking and Canoeing/Kayak Fishing/SUP/River SUP)
Laura Demers 004Laura Demers is a Sales Associate and Stand up Paddleboard Instructor at Western Canoeing and Kayaking, BC’s largest paddle sports store.  She has been an active part of all things paddle sports for over 6 years and as a paddle sports fanatic she loves sharing her knowledge with others.  

Laura can regularly be found bouncing down the Chilliwack River on her SUP, sometimes her canoe and often her kayak.  

She has also become a regular part of the SUP racing scene.
In addition, as the sport of Kayak fishing has exploded she has caught on to that too.  

Amongst all of her paddlesport accomplishments it is worth noting that Laura was the first person to do the 116km Bowron Lake Circuit on a Stand Up paddleboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Green River, UT

Green River, UT
Photo: Shawna Franklin