Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Story Telling, Music and Paddling

Recently I had the opportunity to listen to Stuart Mclean on CBC Radio's, Vinyl Cafe - the day's theme, Canoeing.  You may or may not have heard it but I LOVE listening to Stuart share stories of Dave & Morley, their kids and the adventure's of their lives owning a second hand record store.  As I mentioned today's show's theme was Canoeing and like ALL of Stuart's shows I laugh out loud and as I am known to do, shed a tear.

You can download it for free on iTunes it's the July 6 episode where Dave attempts to celebrate his and Morley's wedding anniversary be re-enacting their honeymoon, a canoe trip in Algonquin Park.

The show also featured some fantastic canoeing/paddling themed music.

My favourite was Whitewater by Canadian musician Zaac Pick

Zaac's music can be purchased on iTunes and you can also find him on Twitter @zaacpick and Facebook


Another by Canadian music legend, Bruce Cockburn, Let Us Go Laughing is also great and is on iTunes too.

If you are interested in learning more about Stuart Mclean go to the Vinyl Cafe website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Green River, UT

Green River, UT
Photo: Shawna Franklin