Friday, July 5, 2013

The Man Who Loves Skirts #sealssprayskirts



Welcome Guest Blogger, Nikki Rekman Sales Team Member, Luke Vollmerhaus.


I began my kayaking career at the crisp, young age of 7, ever since I’ve been slipping into skirts of all shapes and sizes. Sea kayak, white water, C-2, you name it I've worn it at some point. 


To clarify a little by skirts, I mean spray decks. 

Most recently my adventures have taken me creeking through the Rockies and I have had the pleasure to try out the Seals Pro Rand white water deck. 

I must say I’m impressed, this skirt kept me drier than any other skirt I’ve used on the river. The thick rubber rand fully blocks any leakage, and although a little tougher to put on the boat than a bungee rand, keeps you dry as a bone. The mixture of regular and Kevlar reinforced neoprene provides an incredibly durable skirt that will hold up against the toughest conditions and still stretch over a play bladder for the freestylers out there. 

During my travels I got worked in some substantial hydraulics that I’m certain would have torn other skirts right off the boat leading me into a definite swim. But the Seals Pro Rand held solid and allowed me to claw my way out of said features and continue on my way dry and happy without any impending bootie beers. 

So a final analysis of the spray deck: The only negative is that it takes a hair more effort to get the thing on your boat in the first place but that goes for any rubber rand deck. 

The positives easily overwhelm the negative, amazing seal and amazing hold against implosion. 

This is also a very versatile skirt, well suited for playboating, creeking and everything in between.

 Pro Rand Sprayskirt
Play safe and have fun!


Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Green River, UT

Green River, UT
Photo: Shawna Franklin