What's new for 2013?
I am enjoying a very busy and exciting time in Salt Lake City attending the, Outdoor Retailer Summer Market show.
The schedule is jam packed but I wanted to get out a few highlights about what's new for 2013.
1. Maximus/Maximus Prime PFD's
2. Kokatat Jackson Collection featuring the Icon Drysuit, Legend Drytop and Mythic Shorty
3. New Hydrus 3L fabric
4. Re-launch of our insulation program for Canadian dealers
1. New colours in Rec/Touring/Fishing and WW
2. Fishing - Cuda 12 and the Kilroy, the Kilroy is a sit-in-fishing kayak with a ton of fishing features just like the rest of the JK fishing line up. Interchangeable soft and hard-deck options, rod storage, tackle storage and our coveted hi-lo seat. The Cuda 12 is for those anglers who love the size and maneauverability of the Coosa but wanted a stiffer tracking boat.
3. Cruise 12 - a recreational sit-on-top kayak, that was inspired by our success with sit-on-tops in the angling community. "I love this boat - it's stable, I can stand up...but I don't want all the fishing features" - introduce the Cruise.
4. In WW we have the 2013 Star Series, more volume throughout the boat in comparison to the current Star Series, we have the stern of the Rockstar and the bow of the Star. This boat is more balanced and initiates moves ie. cartwheels easily. With tapered ends you can transfer weight more easily and is more stable for less experienced boaters than the Rockstar. The changes also give the paddler greater hull speed.
Karma - inspired by the Zen, the Karma is the fastest creek boat out there. It has all the features you like about the Zen but it's designed for the creeker. It has more rocker than the Zen and it's bigger volume which is great for larger paddlers. It will be available in two sizes, a medium and a large. The medium will likely come in a touch larger than the Zen 75.
5. New partnerships with Go Pro and Nalgene. All Jackson boats will come with molded inserts for the Go Pro cameras and the Ram kayak fishing accessories. Where you saw aluminum water bottles we are proud to introduce Made in North America BPA free Nalgene water bottles.
6. Stand Up Paddling - 3 new boards: SUPerCharger for the river runners and river surfers, SUPerFishal for the anglers and the SUPerNatural for those recreational folks who just want to get out on the water on a wonderful stable and well-priced board.
Seals Sprayskirts - new Stretch Nylon waterproof skirt in 5 sizes, lighweight and fantastic fitting around the cockpit and some new accessories including the SUP leash.
My apologies for the lack of photos so far but I am challenged without wi-fi in the main show hall. I will do my best to get some up on facebook soon.
Contact me with questions. We are stoked for 2013!!!!